- Value – based health care is not about reducing the cost, is about outcome measurement.
- The starting princile of value-based health care is that right goal is value, not cost. because the most powerful driver of cost in the long term is good outcome, such as getting patients healthy faster and better functionality.
- The central driver of value improvement is outcome measurement.
- Health care industry need step back and look at the system as a whole.
- Three barriers: change of the mindset and better understanding of the problem from different perspective; a critical lake of outcome data and cost understanding; a lot of misalignment among the stakeholders which tend to pit one party against another with the incentive structure.